November 22, 2013

  Have you ever seen the cooking show Pioneer Woman? We like watching it around these parts.  About a month ago I saw that she would be in Oklahoma City this weekend signing her new cookbook.  "What a fun weekend trip we could have," I thought to myself.  So Jeff booked us a hotel room and we were excited to go spend the night, eating at The Cheesecake Factory, doing some shopping, and meeting Ree Drummond.
  OF COURSE, this was the first weekend this season to have bad weather forecasted.  But we were confident in our timing and figured we'd be off the road for the worst of it.
  Not so much.  3 miles per hour was our average speed for about an hour, until we were stopped completely for an hour and a half.


  This was my view for that hour and half.  I'll be honest, I was going out of my mind a little.  I felt pretty helpless.  It was dark, dangerously cold outside, and we were trapped between trucks.   Not that this was a totally hopeless situation, but I can see how people go crazy in actual crises.  
   After a seven hour drive, that should have taken four, we pulled into a miraculously empty Cheesecake Factory parking lot.   A delicious meal in our tummies, take-out cheesecake in our hands, we finally made it to the hotel.
 The kids relaxing while Jeff checked us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment