January 17, 2021


  I am not a good cook.  I can follow a recipe, but I can't always think through what will happen if I have to adjust the process a little. Case in point: the Rice-a-Roni I made.  Ryan had a basketball game this night, so I had to prepare dinner before the game so it would be ready after.  I simmered the Rice-a-Roni for most of the time directed, but then figured I could just leave it in the hot pan and it would finish cooking while it sat for an hour.  Nope. The rice was still crunchy and the pasta soaked up all the liquid and was completely mushy.  Just disgusting.  (And, yes, I realize that Rice-a-Roni is kind of disgusting even when cooked properly.)  I told the kids to just soldier through and then eat cookies, which is what I did.  The cookies, at least, were delicious.  Also, this pictures makes my kids look old. :/

 It feels like we just went through this with Shelbi and now it's Sydney's turn.  Those wisdom teeth are coming out next Tuesday. Fun.

Brynn discovered all the clips I made for her when she was a baby and spent the day trying on as many as she could.  Kind of reminded me of this picture I took right after I finished making them...
 
Sydney convinced me to take the girls to the Skate Plex Saturday afternoon. It was actually really fun. Here's Bailey whizzing by, practically a pro.

We brought this little Cha Cha with us.  She did better than I expected.  I imagined we'd have to go around the circle just like this, holding onto her and dragging her along. But of course she wanted to do it herself. It was slow going, but she figured out how to skate/walk without too many spills.

She had this exact look on her face the whole time.

A pretty awesome way to watch Stake Conference.

  Floof is awesome.  I don't even know how to describe what it is.  It's foamy, water-soluble, and never dries out.  Brynn loves to squish her Polly Pockets ("Hollies") into it.  Tonight they were making snow angels. When she's done playing, she just scoops it all back up, Hollies and all, and puts it back in the bucket until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment