November 10, 2012

Wow, I've done terribly lately with remembering to take pictures.  There's plenty going on, I just forget to stop and take a picture.  So here's another one from my library...
Shelbi and Erik were playing house and wanted me to take their family picture.

This is a picture my mom took.  I remember this day well.  After a long morning at Kindergarten, I was playing house with my younger siblings, Justin, Jami, and Josh, and the neighbor girl my mom used to babysit.  We, too, wanted our family picture taken.  I wish it were clearer so I could get a good look at our faces and the homemade dolls.  But I love seeing the details of things that I wouldn't normally think about.  Like the flowers that were always planted under the window behind us.  Or the mail slot in the front door that I used to look out of before school to make sure the neighbors dogs weren't out.  This picture makes me happy.  It reminds me why I take a lot of pictures.  Life goes on, but a picture can take you right back to a moment in time.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! When you said that about the mail slot, I heard it clang shut in my memory. It's too bad you can't tag Justin in this picture so all his friends could see it.

    ReplyDelete