June 7, 2013

Apparently kindergarten graduation is a big deal here.  Erik is my first child to do this.  The woman I was standing next to (because there were no seats left) said, appalled, "I can't believe some schools in Amarillo aren't going to have kindergarten graduations anymore!"  This was before the program began, so I was expecting something great.  Nope.  The kids walked in, the principal said a few words about how cute they look in their caps and gowns, and then each name was read to get their diploma.  No cute musical number or anything.  I must be a bad parent if I think this is a little ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Brad and I were just laughing tonight at a picture someone posted on Facebook of a high school graduate with the caption "Congratulations on making it through the easiest part of life." Multiply that by 10 for kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete