May 31, 2013

  Syd and her best friend Emma participated in the school talent show today.  They called their act a tango skit.  Basically they started out doing the tango and then the music changed into fast music, to which they "danced."  Neither girl has had any dance classes.  But what they lacked in talent they made up in style and cuteness.  
  Watching the talent show brought on an epiphany.  I've been forcing Sydney to take piano lessons now for two years because I think it's useful skill to have.  And for two years she's been asking to quit piano and take guitar lessons.  Why am I forcing a talent on Syd that she doesn't enjoy?  Wouldn't she excel much better at something that she's excited about?  Time to rethink things.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, please put her in dance. For me. My daughter won't let me live vicariously thru her, so I need my niece to step up. Someday when she's on SYTYCD, I'll be the teary relative in the audience and they can do a touching back story on how her aunt saw a photo of her doing a Tango Skit and just knew she was destined for dancing greatness.

    ReplyDelete