October 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Shelbi!


   She's been looking forward to number 12 for a long time.  And now, 12 things that make Shelbi, Shelbi.
1.  She hasn't voluntarily worn jeans since kindergarten.  For a couple of years she wouldn't even wear pants.
2.  She rocks her cute glasses.
3.  She's better at math than I am.
4.  She has a fantastic laugh.
5.  For a get-to-know-you project at school, she had to tell who her hero is.  She said her sister Sydney.  I might have cried a little.
6.  She eats weird things for snacks.
7.  She has always loved to make up games for her younger siblings.
8.  She likes to be in charge.
9.  She doesn't like conflict.  Syd and I once played a trick on Jeff for April Fools Day and she wouldn't even be in the same room when we were doing it.
10.  She just started playing the flute last year and this year made district band.  She was the only sixth grader at her school to do this.
11.  She has darling dimples.
12.  She's a really good friend.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Shebbs!!

    I love that Syd is her hero (and I may have cried a little reading that you may have cried a little). I'm also laughing at the refusal to be present when you tricked Jeff--I can totally see her doing that. She's such a sweetie. And, she does like weird snacks.

    This means she's officially a Young Woman now, doesn't it? You know what I have to sing now, don't you? Think Neil Diamond...
    ♪ Shebbs...♪♪♪ You'll be a woooooooooman soon ♫♪...

    ReplyDelete