December 6, 2013


  When Shelbi was little, I couldn't wait to start doing things with her that I loved doing as a kid.  One of those things was watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at Christmastime.  This was before DVR, so we waited until it was actually on t.v., commercials and all.  She was four the first time she watched it.  I made apples and caramel dip to eat while watching.  Somehow she remembered that the next year, and every year after that and so a tradition was born.  
  These days we have Rudolph on video.  Not quite the same as anticipating the one night you can watch it.  But at least our treats have improved.  And yes, I did make the kids eat on sheets to avoid a mess.  If you had seen what the sheet under Ryan looked like afterward, you would understand.

1 comment:

  1. I know, right? There was just something so magical about knowing it was Rudolph night. I remember once it was my dish night, and I thought my world would end if I didn't finish before 7:00. That's when I discovered that it takes just about exactly 15 minutes to do dinner dishes. To this day, it's what I plan on, and I always reference that memory.

    ReplyDelete