February 13, 2014

  When this wave of stomach bug started with Shelbi on Sunday, and then hit Ryan and Bailey on Monday night, and me on Tuesday, I was just sure that today would be the day Sydney caught it.  You see, today was Battle of the Books.  It's basically a competition between the elementary schools in the city where the kids read the same ten challenging books and then answer questions about them in a game show type setting.  She's been reading books since October and going to school early twice a week to prepare for this.  Because of much hand washing, finger crossing, and praying, she went to school healthy today.  I was not able to go to the competition because Jeff had to work and Bailey couldn't be trusted to be quiet for two hours.  But an elated Sydney ran to me after school, proudly displaying her ribbon.  Her team took second place and won a trophy for the school.
Whew!


1 comment:

  1. Yay Syddo!!!!

    I'm still steamed about the perfect attendance fiasco from years past. If she'd been sick and missed this, it would have completely broken my heart.

    ReplyDelete