May 27, 2014

  Today was Erik's first school awards assembly.  I had to gently let him know that the awards given out are certificates, not big trophies.  I didn't want another disaster like we had at Sydney's first assembly, where she said through her tears, "What good is a stupid certificate going to do me??"  This was the best smile I could get from this no-nonsense little boy.
  Sydney really wanted to go back to school today.  She doesn't feel the least bit self-conscious or pity for herself.  But I made her stay home so I could watch her stitches for infection.  
  At Erik's assembly, I had many people come up to me to ask "How are you?" with a head tilt and inflection in their voice that meant "I know what happened this weekend" and not just "How's it going?"  

1 comment:

  1. What good IS a stupid certificate? I'm with Syd. Trophies are always better. And ribbons? Ugh. Don't even bother.

    ReplyDelete