December 18, 2014

  When Jeff and I go on a date here in Amarillo, our activity choices are usually limited to dinner and a movie.  About a month ago I saw an ad for a Broadway Christmas concert stopping in Amarillo before hitting the big city of Lubbock.  I snatched up some tickets for Jeff and I, thinking it would be fun to do something different and festive.  Tonight was the concert.  I can't say that it wasn't what I expected, because I honestly didn't know what it was going to be like.  Basically it was five Broadway has-beens, singing songs from their most famous roles, and a few Christmas songs mixed in.  It was a little corny, but thankfully they all had really great voices.  I'm pretty sure the average age of the audience was sixty years old.
Outside the concert hall, in front of the massive Christmas tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment