November 5, 2017

  We nearly forgot to carve pumpkins this year.  It wasn't easy to find them the day before Halloween.  Jeff had to work tonight, but luckily the kids all did their own pumpkins.  Even Erik, even the guts inside.  That's a first.

  All ready for trick-or-treating.  Erik (a stick figure man) and Sydney (a girl in pajamas?) had already left with friends.  

  My parents were here tonight, passing through on their way back home from Fort Worth.  Grandpa's lap is just what Brynnie needed after a night of trick-or-treating.

Fresh from her morning bath, especially jolly and squishy

  A couple of years ago we took off for Oklahoma City for my birthday for a few days.  It was awesome.  We tried to convince the kids to do it again, but they didn't want to miss school.  Something about some important tests.  Whatever.  I guess if we had been in Oklahoma City, Shelbi couldn't have taken this really good picture of me.  Reminds me of another birthday...



  If I can't be out of town for my birthday, at least I can try to milk it for as many days as possible.  One of my favorite things to do is go out for breakfast, at Cracker Barrel specifically.  I always get the French toast breakfast, with oj and hot chocolate.

  This little girl has been asking me to roast our pumpkin seeds since we carved them on Monday. I finally got to it tonight.  I've never done it before.  None of my kids have ever asked.  They weren't so bad.

  Return of the after dinner dance party, brought to you by Alexa and Newsies.


1 comment:

  1. Y'all are way better at Halloweening than I am. If it wasn't for Dad, our pumpkins still wouldn't be carved.

    I can't decide which is better--Old Lady Brynn or Frankenstein Bailey. One thing is for sure: Brynn is the master of jolly and squishy. And Syd is the queen of the After Dinner Dance Party.

    ReplyDelete