May 27, 2013

   Today I celebrated Memorial Day by getting up early, "preparing" breakfast (cereal), making the kids lunches, and sending them off to school.  Yep, no holiday for us today.  We had a make-up day today because of the snow days we had earlier in the year.  At first I was pretty bugged by this, but then realized that all too soon they'll all be home, all day.  I'll enjoy my peace and quiet and semi-clean house while I can.  
   Honestly we haven't properly celebrated Memorial Day for 10 or so years.  We've always lived far away from family and more often than not Jeff has had to work.  This picture is the last time we were with family at the cemetery in Garland, Utah.  I spent every Memorial Day of my youth here, visiting my grandpa's grave.
  That's Shelbi in the pink shirt on the right and that girl in the white shirt in the back is about to graduate high school.  So yeah, it's been a long time.
  We did have a barbeque and s'mores tonight.  Is that festive?  Bailey worked on this s'more for a good part of an hour.  I think Jeff finally took it away from her.

1 comment:

  1. I think that picture marks the last time we were at the Garland cemetery, too. It's been a long time.

    ReplyDelete