September 3, 2013

  In 2003, we had a family pine wood derby at Bear Lake.  Most car designs were kept very secret until the unveiling at the race.  My design was a car fashioned after our old family car, "The Staish." (By the way, how in the world do you spell that??)  Other cars were much more creative.
  Along with the race that was regulated by standard pine wood derby rules, we had an alternate race, where there basically weren't any rules.  Mostly warped-minded brothers and husbands entered this race.  Trying to describe the cars doesn't do them any justice.  Just think model rocket engines and contraptions that push other cars off the track.

The entrants.

My brother Jeff went to the thrift store and found some old trophies to give out as prizes.  I don't remember what I won.  Surely not fastest car.   And the helmets?  I don't know.

Obviously, they took things very seriously.


1 comment:

  1. Yep, that was more than a little bit awesome. Also awesome: the mustache-growing contest. I see Jeff was a serious contender that year.

    ReplyDelete