March 19, 2014

Oh Ry-Guy


  Six things I want to remember about Ryan at this age:
1.  He loves to play with superhero actions figures.  There hasn't been a birthday or Christmas for a long time that he didn't get a new "good guy" or "bad guy" for his collection.  If he tells me he's bored, all it takes is for me to say that I hear The Joker is trying to break into the Batcave to kidnap The Hulk, and his eyes get wide and he's off to play it out.
2.  His first Christmas he got a stuffed dog.  He won't go to bed now without Doggie.  Doggie is the most beloved pal he owns.  Sometimes I want to be Doggie.
3.  He doesn't put much trust in my skills as a mom, particularly my memory.  I have never forgotten to pack his lunch, but he still reminds me all the time.
4.  When he plays hide and seek or any chasing game with the kids, from the noises he makes I can't tell if he's excited or seriously terrified.
5.  He's my only child who can raise his eyebrows independently of each other.
6.  When I ask him what the best part of his day at Kindergarten was, he says "Everything!"

1 comment:

  1. How do you know you wouldn't forget his lunch? Sounds like you've never had to do it without a reminder.

    ReplyDelete