March 9, 2014

  We stayed the night in Flagstaff and went to church there in the morning.  I was born here.  We moved when I was two, so I don't have any memories of it, but it still felt significant to be there.  
 Where we went to church today.  Was this our building when we lived here?  If so, this is where I was blessed as a baby.
  After church we drove by my old house. I knew it as soon as I saw it.  Then we drove south to Phoenix, where we'd stay for the next three days.  We decided to visit each of the temples in the area.  This is the Phoenix temple, still under construction.

 Brand new Gilbert temple





 Mesa temple


  As a side note, I visited Arizona when I was 15 for Spring Break.  I remember it smelling amazing, like orange blossoms and lilacs.  It still smells like this.  I wonder if Arizonans know how awesome their home smells.  (Imagine their disgust if they visited Amarillo in the Spring, when the wind blows in the smell of the cows from the southwest.)

1 comment: