September 26, 2012


  Fall in Amarillo has taken some getting used to.  Especially coming from Michigan, a state that takes autumntime very seriously. The orchards, cider mills, and changing leaves are picture-perfect.  But I discovered a delightful piece of the season here in town last year.  One of the local nurseries has a pumpkin vendor set up shop in the parking lot.  Rows and rows of pumpkins and gourds.  We filled up our truck to bring Fall to our house.
  While we were picking our pumpkins, we noticed some of the workers were spraying a few select pumpkins with a clear glossy spray paint.  They put those pumpkins aside, charging more for them because they were nice and shiny.  So I bought my pumpkins at regular price and sprayed them myself.  It does make them look pretty...

1 comment:

  1. So very, very, very cute! I may have to copy you, if I can find a pumpkin vendor, that is. I'm definitely spraying them. And, probably putting a big 'B' on a white one. Plagiarism is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete