June 29, 2014

  On our last leg to Nauvoo, we made a couple of stops today.  First we went to the visitors' center in Independence, Missouri, where early Mormon's settled for a short time.  
 They loved playing pioneer.
 Book of Mormons in every language.


  We also stopped at Liberty Jail, where Joseph Smith was imprisoned for four winter months.  I had never been there and always wanted to go.  The senior missionary giving our tour reminded me so much of my dad.  He even told corny jokes.  He was a very good story-teller and had a strong spirit about him.  
  After four more hours of driving, we made it to Nauvoo.  Lucky for us, Jill's family was also visiting at the same time.  We were just in time for dinner.  My mom's pretty much a rockstar, preparing this awesome meal for our families, while she's on her mission.  As if she didn't already have enough to do.


  The kids were ecstatic to be together.  I wish I had a picture of the adults' table.  We were also pretty happy to be together.  Following dinner we went to an outdoor show put on by the talent that comes to Nauvoo during the summer to do the shows.

Happy to be here!!

Not a great shot in the dark, but I loved the temple backdrop.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Nothing like the first day of vacation. (BTW: You look like a super model in the family photo.)

    ReplyDelete