February 16, 2012

It is nearly impossible to get my boys to eat their dinner in a reasonable amount of time.  It isn't uncommon for them to still be sitting at the dinner table, with a full plate in front of them, 45 minutes after dinner started.  Tonight I threatened them by setting the timer and telling them they better be done when the 8 minutes was up, or else!  Of course when the timer went off, they were still just sitting there.  I had to have something to do when the timer went off, so I made both boys put their noses on separate walls for two minutes.  Erik thought it was pretty funny, but it worked like a charm for Ryan.  After the two minutes he gobbled his dinner right up.  Is this cruel and unusual punishment?


1 comment:

  1. My poor children have spent plenty of time with their noses on the wall. It makes me laugh a little every time.

    ReplyDelete