April 19, 2012

Here's something that was reaffirmed to me tonight:  my kids' eating habits now are the same as when they were babies.  Shelbi was a fantastic eater as a baby, still is.  Syd and Ryan were picky, still are.  And Erik has an interesting quirk.  With the occasional exception of french fries and potato chips, he won't pick up food to eat with his hands.  I remember when he was a toddler and I wanted to just put some food on his highchair tray and have him feed himself, he'd have none of it.  It was especially frustrating because Ryan was a baby and I had to spoon feed them both.  Erik won't feed himself until he could successfully use a fork or spoon.  Which brings us to tonight.  We had grilled cheese sandwiches and apple slices.  He could NOT bring himself to pick up the sandwich.  I threatened all sorts of punishments if he didn't eat, but ultimately felt bad for him because he didn't want to disobey, he just seriously is freaked out by touching food.  So I gave in and cut his sandwich into pieces.  He ate it fine after that and even ate his apples (with a fork.)

No comments:

Post a Comment