March 31, 2012

So did you guess my 14:30 riddle? Probably not.  The soap dispenser in our dishwasher doesn't work, so we've figured out that the best time to add detergent to a running cycle is 14 minutes and 30 seconds after it's started.  I told you not to get too excited.  I had good intentions of taking some pictures tonight of the kids playing out on the patio.  I think we've already started lazy, summer time.  We're going to bed too late because it just so nice outside in the evenings.  Tonight, for instance, I finished the dishes and read out on the patio while the kids biked/rollerbladed/colored with chalk.  It was lovely.  When we came in, I saw this:


I forgot to add the detergent.  The plan is not foolproof.

3 comments:

  1. So, my guess of a 14 1/2 minute clean-up was pretty close! It does involve cleaning, right? Do I win anything?

    What I want to know is how you came up with 14 minutes and 30 seconds. Why is it better than, say, 14 minutes? Or 15 minutes? Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've guessed the clean-up too, Jill. Have you tried the detergent packets? Tossing one in the bottom of the dishwasher...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, you win nothing. At 14 minutes and 30 seconds our dishwasher pauses for 5 seconds. In my mind this is when the first rinse cycle is done and the soap would usually be dispensed.
    We did switch over to detergent packets and those, along with our genius timing, havw made a huge difference in the cleanliness of our dishes.

    ReplyDelete