April 20, 2012

  Today Jeff came home and asked me what comes to my mind when I think of a $2 bill.  I said my Grandma Darrington because she used to put one in our birthday cards every year.  But that was the wrong answer.  Apparently the owner of Amarillo National Bank was known for giving out $2 bills. (I don't know how I was supposed to know that.)  This man died recently and today Jeff treated his widow in the ER.  She insisted of giving him a $2 bill for each of his kids.  I guess it's her way of carrying on his legacy.  The kids thought it was cool but not cool enough to save them.  Ryan is already talking of all the toys he'll get with his two dollars.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute lady! I am smiling just thinking of her reaching into her handbag for the $2 bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, she was a much younger trophy wife and talked about going to Malibu for a month to relax.
    Her husband was relatively young as well.

    ReplyDelete