April 2, 2012


This blog is certainly not about sugar-coating my life in any way.(Remember the cereal for dinner, messy Sunday house, and Shelbi's bug-infested bedroom?)  So I feel okay about showing off a little bit today.  Over the weekend I put together these flannel board stories.  All of the pictures were already gathered on one website, I just had to print them out.  I laminated them, glued flannel on the back and put them in envelopes with a short synopsis of the story that goes along with the pictures.  My goal is to put together a whole Family Home Evening box, with ready-made lessons and activities.  That way, when it's the kids' turn to do a lesson, they can go to the box and put it together all my themselves.  It worked like a charm tonight.  Shelbi taught us about Jonah and the whale.  I didn't have to do anything but show up.  Okay, now I'm starting to sound lazy again.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I made some for a primary lesson 18 years ago and still use them today. Even with all the techie stuff out there these days, kids still love a good flannel board story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! How many of these did you do? I am impressed. And someday, your kids are going to fight over who gets these for their own kids. You just created your own version of Mom's hanging Santa face - a somewhat simple project that will have a starring role in your kids' childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete