April 6, 2012



The kids were off from school for Good Friday so we spent the afternoon coloring Easter eggs.  While looking for the egg coloring kit I bought this year, I found two other unused kits from years past.  We decided to experiment a little and put two tablets (same color) into one mug.  I know, we're wild and crazy!  The result was "uber-colors."  Dye so strong that you only really had to dunk your egg for a couple seconds for it to color, or leave it in for longer for seriously deep color.  The only problem was that we went through seven and half dozen eggs like it was nothing.  That many hard-boiled eggs will never get eaten in a house where no one eats deviled eggs, creamed eggs on toast, or egg salad sandwiches. 

2 comments:

  1. Ew. Creamed eggs on toast - my most dreaded meal as a child.

    I just throw away the eggs after Easter. I figure I spent about a dollar per dozen eggs, so who cares. If my kids had a fun art project, the eggs fulfilled their destiny (the chickens may not agree, but what they don't know won't hurt them, right?).

    Did you make a Sponge-Bob egg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last of our hard boiled eggs went in potato salad today. I am going to try the two tablet method next year. That sounds great. The 2 dozen eggs took way too long to color. I would love to speed it up a bit next year. Is there a particular brand that worked best?

    ReplyDelete