May 1, 2012

Our second day in Paris, we began here, at the Arc de Triomphe. We got on the tour bus from here (we found it!) and spent the morning seeing the city and hopping off at different stops that interested us.  The bus had headphones, with an English speaking guide and lovely classical music.  Some of these pictures I don't even know what they are, I just found myself taking random photos of anything that looked cool.



 The bus was stopped here for quite a while.  I was sitting, talking to my sister-in-law, with the Eiffel Tower RIGHT THERE!  It was surreal.

 As we were passing this garden, the tour guide casually mentioned that this statue is Rodin's The Thinker.  Wow.


Notre Dame
 Jeff and I are in the market for some large chandeliers for our great room.  I think two of these would do nicely.
 They actually still have confessional inside Notre Dame.  This is an empty booth.  I thought it would be in bad taste to take a picture of someone actually in the process of confessing.






 This is the fountain into which Anne Hathaway throws her phone at the end of The Devil Wears Prada.

Looking at these pictures again, I can't believe I was actually there!

1 comment: