June 23, 2012

  It's actually happening!  We tore down our old fireplace months ago, thinking we were soon going to have someone come and redo it.  But apparently no one in Amarillo wants money because we couldn't get anyone to come do this.  Finally, through a connection in our ward, we've got a guy here to build the frame and mantel and hopefully someone to do the rock within the next couple of weeks.  I can't believe how different it looks with just the wood frame.  I'm so excited.  Watching this guy work, Jeff and I kept commenting on how there's no way we could have done this ourselves. But this guy just came in, took some measurements, bought the supplies, built up his scaffolding and finished it in one day.  I had to very stealthily take this picture.  It might have been a little creepy if I had asked him to say cheese.

1 comment: