August 2, 2012

  Growing up, the highlight of my summer was going to Lagoon with my family and cousins.  We have lived away from Utah for 10 years now, so my kids have only been to Lagoon a few times.  But they've come to love it too.  Their pre-Lagoon conversations are all about the big-kid rollercoasters they'll fearlessly ride.  Shelbi was old enough this year to go off on her own with older cousins, so she was in heaven.  Since Jeff was still in Texas, I had enough sisters and parents to help with the other kids.  My favorite part this year?  Getting soaked on Rattlesnake Rapids with my dad, Jami, Jeremy, and my kids.  My least favorite part?  Shelbi missing for 45 minutes.  Luckily she's a smart cookie and found her way back just before I totally lost it talking to the police.



    Syd's the one with her arms in the air.  She thinks she's so big... 




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A highlight of my Lagoon day was going on some roller coastery ride with Syd (I'm forgetting the name - sucks to be old). It reminded me of when I was about her age and I went on the white roller coaster with Aunt Linda. I was TERRIFIED, and as we chugged up the first hill, I wiggled my way down onto the floor, where I huddled, scrunched up for the rest of the ride while Aunt Linda freaked out. It's a miracle I didn't fall out. It's also a miracle that I didn't break something - it's a ROUGH ride on the floor of that rickety old thing.

    I'm happy to say that Syd didn't embarrass herself riding a roller coaster with her aunt. She is much more game than I was at her age.

    ReplyDelete