August 27, 2012

 Shelbi, 5th grade
 Sydney, 3rd grade
 Erik, kindergarten.  He has a slight obsession with Star Wars, but what 5 year old boy doesn't?
  Erik at his table, amid crying children and parents trying to comfort (bribe) them. 
 
  I feel kind of sad for poor Ryan.  He's lost his daytime buddy.  I suppose he and Bailey could play together. He was playing a video game today, and did something especially cool and automatically called for Erik to come see.  He then remembered that Erik wasn't around and went back to playing.  Bailey just wouldn't appreciate his video game awesomeness like Erik would.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids all look so cute! Shelbi especially is "all that" - I especially like her crimpy hair. She looks way more confident than I was on my first day of junior high. I am so glad I never have to go to junior high school again.

    So, I take it you didn't cry at Erik's kindergarten drop-off? Years ago, when I dropped Adam off for his first day of preschool, I remember being surrounded by teary parents and kids, ripping themselves apart, while Adam stood in the line holding his backpack and grinning while I cheerfully waved good-bye. Maybe if I was nicer, my kids would miss me more (or maybe if they were nicer, I'd miss them more). Whatever.

    I am sad for poor Ryan. I bet your heart broke a little when Ryan went back to playing his video game without Erik there to fuss. I wouldn't expect Bailey to get it.

    ReplyDelete