October 19, 2012

  I'm not really ready for this.  I know it sounds cliche to say that your kids are growing up too fast, but what can I say?  That's how I feel.  For Shelbi's birthday party she wanted to invite a few friends for dinner, a movie and a sleepover.  As I drove these girls to dinner and the movie, I silently sat and listened to what they talk about.  I'm sure it's not so different from what I was gossiping about with my friends at her age.  But is seems like with every other stage my kids have been in, I've seen it coming.  I guess I'm so used to the Shelbi that plays paperdolls with Sydney and builds things out of blocks with the boys.  "Tween Shelbi" is a shock to my system.  I have a feeling I'll just get used to this, and then she'll be "Teen Shelbi" and then "High School Shelbi."  Oh, boy.

1 comment:

  1. "Oh,boy" is right. I'm constantly surprised that the tall blonde living in my house is the same scraggly-haired girl that used to chase around her hamster and play Dog.

    ReplyDelete