October 27, 2012

  Tonight was the annual carving of the pumpkins.  Every year it seems someone is in tears over a mistake in carving or the end product not being what they had in mind.  But I'm proud to announce that it was a drama-free night.  Sydney, Erik, and Ryan each chose a pattern out of a book.  Shelbi designed her own.  Jeff "carved" Ryan's with a roto-drill while Ryan supervised.  Erik decided he couldn't stand the sight or smell of the pumpkin guts, so he spent the evening playing in his room while I carved.  I'm not sure if he even saw what his pumpkin ended up looking like.  Syd and Shelbi both carved their own.  And even Jeff and I each carved one.  A success all around.

Sydney insisted I take a goofy picture too...
(The pictures are a bit fuzzy because of the lengthened exposure time to get a shot of the pumpkins lit up.  This is actually taken in our foyer with all the downstairs lights off.)

1 comment:

  1. I love that Erik chose to leave rather than endure the pumpkin guts. Can't say that I blame him.

    ReplyDelete