March 19, 2012

Since Jeff is still in Chicago, I considered telling Ryan his birthday is really tomorrow so Jeff could be here to celebrate with us.  But I have a feeling somehow, years later, he'd figure out what I'd done and use it against me.  My mom once denied my brother cake on his birthday because he didn't eat dinner and she still hasn't lived that down. 

We decided to do cake and presents from the kids tonight and go out to dinner and open the present from Jeff and I tomorrow night.  When I asked Ryan what he wanted for his birthday dinner he told me bean soup and jello.  Ew.  So we compromised.  He had that for lunch and SpongeBob macaroni and cheese for dinner.  Not much better.



This four year old definitely adds spice to our family.  He's clever, dramatic, and sweet.  He will always give me a kiss and hug when I ask for it and is just plain fun to have around.

1 comment:

  1. Is he really four? Wasn't just last week that he decided to come shooting into the world, whether you were ready or not? I guess that should have been a clue that this guy would bring the spice. Or maybe it was the chicken enchiladas (or was it Mexi-chili casserole...I forget...).

    ReplyDelete