March 7, 2012


    How do you properly honor a minivan?  I don't consider myself a car snob.  Obviously.  Perhaps that is why I can say that I love this van.  We got it just before Erik was born.  We had been living for four years with just one car, which meant that most of the time Jeff took it to work/school and I was stuck at home during the days.  So this was a huge luxury. I love that the kids can spread out a little, especially on road trips.  I love that the doors open with just a touch of a button, so kids can get in by themselves.  I love that I can climb in to buckle kids up in the backseat with no problem.
  But all good things come to an end, right?  Today we bid a fond farewell to the van.  It has started needing repairs that we just don't want to keep paying for.  Last night, all seven of us were in the car, driving home from the girls' school program.  Jeff mentioned that this was the last time we'd all be in the van together.  It was a little sad.  As I dropped the girls off to school today, I told them to say their last goodbyes.  Surprisingly, Shelbi was the one who seemed the saddest.  Although Sydney made me promise to take a picture of the outside AND inside of the van.
   Our new car is a Yukon.  It's pretty and HUGE.  It will take some getting used to.  But I'm sure we'll come to love it too.

1 comment:

  1. Sad! I always loved seeing this van pull up in front of my house. I know how it feels to say goodbye to a family car. I still lament the loss of my red Durango

    ReplyDelete