December 21, 2012

  I got to go to all three school kids' class Christmas parties this year, but only got a picture of Erik.  I couldn't resist the green frosting on his chin and how awesome he thought it was to decorate his own bookmark.  He came right home and put it in the middle of a book, just to test it out.

Day 21: Peace
This isn't the original painting that I wanted to post.  A few weeks ago I was feeling especially discouraged and uneasy about things in the world, only to be compounded by the tragedy in Connecticut.  I happened upon a painting of Jesus Christ with a simple caption of "Prince on Peace."  I don't think that it was an accident that I saw it at this time.  I can't find it again for the life of me.  But the painting isn't really what mattered.  It was more about the feeling of calm and a reminder of where I can find peace, even when the world is far from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment