March 14, 2013

  We began day two with a trip to the Fort Worth Zoo.  Apparently all of Texas and Oklahoma is on Spring Break, so you can imagine how popular the zoo was.  We got there right when it opened at 10.  Jill and Brad were kind enough to give us some zoo passes, so we were able to bypass the long ticket line.  But it was difficult to get close enough to see the animals at times.  And don't even get me started on trying to maneuver the double stroller through the crowd.  But all in all the kids were in good spirits and enjoyed the zoo, even Shelbi.
 This was definitely my favorite animal.  This guy was massive!



 The girls were so goofy.  They thought it was hilarious to pose and growl like the lions.
   By lunchtime we were hungry and tired of the crowds, so we left to find something to eat and let the kids swim in the afternoon.  Because of the Spring Break crowds we were only able to get tickets to the science and nature museum for five o' clock in the evening.  I must say I was a little disappointed in this museum.  Some exhibits were cool, but there weren't nearly enough hands-on things for kids to do who can't read.  

The museum was right downtown Dallas, so it was cool to see the city at night when we were done.


1 comment:

  1. I had to answer some questions about myself for Relief Society and one of them was what my favorite zoo animal was. I said male lions because they're the scariest, but now I want to change my answer to huge alligator. That is pretty neato.

    ReplyDelete